TSS is committed to providing a quality service for its customers and working in an open and professional way that builds the trust and respect of all our customers. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our customers, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting the mistakes right.
Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- Making a complaint is as easy as possible
- We treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response
- We deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
- We respond in the correct professional manner
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally and dealt with quickly.
Our aims are to:
- Resolve informal concerns quickly
- Keep matters low-key
- Enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Scope of the policy
Definition: TSS defines a complaint as ‘any expression of dissatisfaction about the standard of service provided, actions or lack of actions by TSS or anyone working on our behalf which affects any of our customers and that requires a formal response’.
Purpose: The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction.
TSS’ responsibility will be to:
- Acknowledge the formal complaint in writing
- Respond within a stated period of time
- Deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint
- Take action where appropriate
A complainant’s responsibility is to:
- Bring their complaint, in writing, to TSS’s attention normally within 7 days of the issue arising
- Raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of staff in TSS
- Explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date
- Allow TSS a reasonable time to deal with the matter
- Recognise that some circumstances may be beyond TSS’s control
Responsibility for Action: All Staff
Confidentiality: Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and TSS maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint will be judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Monitoring and Reporting: TSS management team will receive annually a report of complaints made and their resolution.
Formal Complaints Procedure
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to us at the following address or e-mail email@example.com
Technical Stage Services
Unit 9 Lancaster Close
Sherburn in Elmet
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 4 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 14 working days.
TSS aims to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently, timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
If you are not satisfied with the subsequent reply, TSS’s Managing Director will invite you to meet him to discuss, and hopefully resolve, your complaint. Following the meeting we will write to you within two working days to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed.
If you are still not satisfied, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the contact details of our local trading standards office. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.