Technical Stage Services are delighted to announce that they have been appointed the sole UK and Ireland distributor for Edge-Safe.
Edge-Safe is a revolutionary safety product that improves the safety of working on and off the stage. If you are responsible for the safety of a theatre stage or raised performance platform you will love Edge-Safe and the huge benefits it offers.
Stages can be complex places and bring particular hazards at the front edge, especially during performance and fit up. Since the removal of footlights from most stages over 100 years ago, it’s now best practice to apply a thin white line to the front edge. Although this may seem like a practical stage solution, it brings with it risks such as:
- Little visual indication of the front edge of stage or platform
- No visual indication during dark scenes
- No physical barrier to moving objects
Introducing Edge-Safe the award-winning stage safety solution
Edgesafe are committed to improving theatre safety and are proud to have created a product that addresses these risks. Edge-Safe is practical, affordable and greatly reduces the chance of equipment, crew and performers from falling off the edge of the stage.
A win-win safety solution for everyone involved. Edge-Safe was launched at the ABTT Theatre Show in June 2011 and won the ABTT’s “Widget Product of the Year” award, for the best new theatre product of 2011. We believe that Edge-Safe is a great step forward in countering the particular theatre hazard of having people working at height on an unprotected platform edge.
Materials – Durable Synthetic Rubber (Black BS4255 Class C1), classified as non-hazardous with aluminium based Visible Strips as described below:
- Visible Strips
- Reflective / Photo Luminescent – alternating 25 cm sections.
- Reflective sections illuminate the stage edge from reflected overhead lighting.
- Photo Luminescent sections absorb light energy from overhead lighting and provide discreet and effective illumination during dark scenes
- Non-Reflective White – 1m sections.
- Bright white strips provide an effective solution to visible edge indication where overhead lighting is limited – such as schools and village halls.
- Construction – Visible strips are constructed from aluminium, layered with Reflective or Non-Reflective materials and finished with a “Scuff Resistant” coating which protects the strips and provides for easy cleaning.
- Visible Strips – Screws – Pan head crosshead 4mm x 40mm.
- Stage Fixing – Screws – Pan head crosshead 4mm x 40mm together with M6 Washers.
- Edge-Safe can be effective without stage fixing but stage fixing is recommended.
- Standard Width 1m.
- Maximum height 5cm.
- Depth 20cm.
- Weight – Approx 8kg – easily portable as 1 or 2 sections.
- UK: GB 2448742
- USA: US 7,625,096 B2
For more details on the product contact the Technical Stage Services sales team on 0330 0080480