dB Technologies DVA T8 speaker
The latest and most advanced incarnation of a string of successful line array systems that started with the DVA T4 and enhanced with DVA T12. Hard to believe that something so petite succeeded in packing such a mighty punch.
DVA T8 is a 3-way module equipped with a 8” bass reflex neodymium woofer, 1 horn loaded 6.5” midrange with a 2” voice coil and phase plug device, and two 1”drivers with constant directivity horn. These components have been optimally arranged to obtain a uniform 100° by 15° coverage per module. DVA T8 features a Class D 700 W RMS Digipro G2 digital amplifier and is capable to reach up to 132 dB SPL.
The system is equipped with a RDNET port which allows the system to be controlled and monitored remotely in real-time through the use of dBTechnologies Network control software.
Thanks to a rotary on the module’s rear panel, it is possible to select one among 9 different preset options plus a personal setting which can be saved.
This way, users adapt the module’s frequency response to aiming distance and to coupling with other modules within the same array, thus optimizing the sound in a consistent and balanced way, without the use of any external processors.
The module’s electronics and components are housed in a sturdy polypropylene box, reinforced with an internal anti-vibration metal structure which drastically reduces any resonance, allowing the cabinet to achieve an excellent acoustic response.
The reinforced polypropylene box, the selected components and a state of the art amplifying technology come together to deliver an exceptional weight-performance ratio: in facts, each module of DVA T8 weights a mere 14,2 kg (31,3 lbs).
The unique feature of the DVA T series is the mechanical and acoustic compatibility between line array modules of the same family. This feature guarantees a great versatility in terms of both using and configuring the products.
- Speaker Type - 3-Way Active Line Array Module
- Frequency Response [-6dB] - 66 - 18.000 Hz
- Max SPL - One Unit: 132 dB
- HF - 2x1 "
- Voice Coil HF - 1.4 "
- Directivity - 100x15 ° Single unit
- MF - 1x 6.5 "
- Voice Coil MF - 2 "
- LF - 8 "
- Voice Coil LF - 2.5 "
- Amp Technology - Digipro® G2
- Amp Class - Class D
- HF Amp - 175 W RMS
- MF Amp - 175 W RMS
- LF Amp - 350 W RMS
- Cooling - Convection
- Controller - DSP 56 bit with double precision filters
- AD/DA Converter - 24 bit/96 kHz
- System Presets - 9, (8xHF and Low-mid correction)
- Limiter - Dual Active Limiter, Multiband RMS, Peak, Thermal
- Crossover Frequency MF-HF - 1900 Hz
- Slope MF-HF - 24 dB/Octave
- Crossover Frequency LF-MF - 400 Hz
- Slope LF-MF - 24 dB/Octave
- Signal Input - 1x XLR fem, Bal.
- Signal Output - 1x XLR male, Bal.
- Network - RDnet remote control RJ45 connector IN/OUT
- Power Socket - 1x Powercon In, 1x Powercon Out
- Voltage Range - 90 - 240 V
- Housing - Polypropylen PP, Metal reinforced
- Housing Design - Trapezoidal 15°
- Rain Cover - Included
- Rigging Points - Integrated rigging hardware
- Width - 580 mm (23.2 in)
- Height - 240 mm (9.6 in)
- Depth - 327 mm (13.08 in)
- Weight - 14,2 kg (31.3 lbs)